There are plenty of things you can do to get higher search engine rankings, from page optimization on your website to keyword research, building backlinks, and more.
Even though the search engine algorithms which determine rankings change often, there are still tried and true SEO methods that are proven to help you rise higher in the rankings throughout these changes.
Here are the Top 10 best practices for SEO success:
● Talk with your web host or web manager about the type of security that is most appropriate for your website. A security certificate will ensure that your content is delivered by SSL (secure socket layer).
● With SSL, your website will start with an “https://” instead of “http://” and the little lock icon will show up next to the web address in many browsers.
● This will tell the search engines that this term is important, which will help you rank well for this term.
● Compress the size of images, remove any unneeded code, and consider using a content delivery network (CDN). If you use a CDN, your website will be able to serve images and other media from servers that are close to your audience, thus cutting down on the loading time.
● Many web hosts now use CDNs to deliver content for their clients’ websites. Talk with your web host or your web manager about this priority.
● If you have a WordPress site, there are many plugins that help you speed up the loading time for your website.
● Try to use the main keyword, or a variation of it, in your internal links to ensure that the search engines know what the page is about.
● If you can answer a question in less than 1,000 words, that is fine. However, it’s worth noting that it’s important to be thorough with any answer, so you may want to write considerably more than this amount.
● Many of the highest-ranking pages include longer, authoritative content.
● When you first start your website, you may want to go slow when building backlinks. After a few months you’ll be able to ramp up your efforts.
● With this strategy, you want to obtain links from other important websites in this field. Links from low quality websites that accept advertising from anyone to any website are likely to hurt your search engine rankings.
● Perhaps your visitors aren’t finding the answers that they’re looking for, or maybe your website is broken in some way. See what you can do to improve the overall experience of your visitors.
Following these Top 10 SEO best practices will enable you to achieve higher rankings in the search engines. The higher you rank, the more traffic you should be able to achieve, and ultimately the more sales you will be able to make.